[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question re columns

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 03:41:36 -0800 (PST)

Pratik, I attached a page I just scanned that had two columns. When I tested
replacing the ^n (column break) with ^p it looked just like one solid page
without a column to me.

  When I scan an uncooperative table of contents as a table I convert it to
text and it looks just like text. I don't leave it as a table; I just scan it
as a table so it will behave.

  I would not recommend scanning a table of contents as columns because they
won't line up, at least not the way my columns scan. It would be like:
  Chapter 1
  Chapter 2
  Chapter 3
  page 4
  page 10
  page 15

  And that would not be useful.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanna Fluke