[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question re columns

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:10:51 -0500

I guess I should have said that I wasn't including the Table of Contents when I
was talking about decolomnization. I just assumed that it was obvious that in
that case putting the second column below the first  - which consists of page
numbers - would be a bad idea; so I never mentioned that the Contents pages
should not be decolumnized. I've validated at least one book in which the page
numbers were below the chapter titles, and it was a bit of a pain to fix up -
especially since a couple page numbers were missing. I always recognize
contents pages with column detection turned off.