[bksvol-discuss] Re: Nuking Fair submissions

  • From: "Louise" <lougou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:54:40 -0600

I also know this submitter as she's a friend of mine.  I did talk to her on
the phone today and suggested first that she could submit her books in rtf
format and she said she would try it.  She also said she couldn't figure out
why some of the books she thought were good scans were rejected and other
books that she felt weren't very good scans were accepted.  I get the
feeling that if people want to resubmit her books with better accuracy, that
was fine with her.  She just wants to scan the books she has and share them
with anyone who might like them and if they're not good enough, then so be
it.  She does Braille proofreading and says she doesn't have time to also
proofread her scans.  Some of her books are large print that she gets from
her local library and some she buys from romance book clubs.  Although most
if not all of the books are indicated as fair on the download list, I have
downloaded a number of them and they weren't all bad scans so I don't think
she is always rating them accurately.  If she rated them as good or
excellent and they aren't, people would complain about them also so perhaps
she rates them as fair so that they can't get anything but better ratings.
To be honest, I don't appreciate having her bad mouthed on the list and I'm
glad she's not on it now!  If you don't like the books she submits, perhaps
it should be taken off list and let Marissa deal privately with her.  Just
my two cents worth for a good friend of mine.  If I read too many more
messages about her directly and not about books in text format in general
terms, I'm outa here (not that anyone cares whether I am here or not.)