[bksvol-discuss] Make them go away!

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:39:11 -0500

Dear Volunteers,

Another day and another computer quandry. A scanner turned a map into a page full of variously sized, connected, mostly empty,rectangles with a few words sprinkled within. I was able to delete the words, but can't get rid of the rectangles which jaws describes as things like,

uniform table one, column 4

-

row 7 of 7

last cell in table pressing tab here will add another row to this table

-

end of row marker

-

nonuniform table, table one end of row marker

When I press backspace or control backspace, I get a thunky bell tone, which to my mind is the computer saying no.

I'm using windows XP, Jaws 6.0, and an RTF file with microsoft word.

Thank you for any help you can give me. Meanwhile, I'm happy to have 4 other wonderful books to work on.

Always counting and with love,

Lissi