[AR] Re: More MAX delays.

  • From: Chris Jones <clj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Henry Vanderbilt <hvanderbilt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 20:20:18 -0500

On 01/22/20 7:56 PM, Henry Vanderbilt wrote:

“Following a detailed review, Boeing is ending our role in the Experimental Spaceplane (XSP) program immediately,” Boeing spokesman Jerry Drelling said."
[...]
Sigh.  I was a good boy, I kept my mouth shut and gave this horse every chance to learn to sing after all.  But I told an old old friend a while back that once Boeing/Aerojet won this, I thoroughly expected they'd spend the money, deliver nothing usable, and walk away.  Bingo.  Alas.

Given their past history, calling this one the Phantom Express was an obvious warning sign....