[AR] Re: Larger size motor case liners

  • From: JMKrell@xxxxxxx
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 23:24:33 -0400 (EDT)

Daryle,

Contact Clearwater Composites regarding large diameter  carbon tubes. The
price will be high. My supplier in Los Angeles is no  longer in business.

My 5.5" moon burners use phenolic glass case with 3/16" case  bonded filled
EPDM liner. The liner is good for about 60  seconds.

John Krell

In a message dated 10/16/2013 12:56:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
daryled@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Those of you who are working with fuel grains in the 150mm / 5.5-6  inch
diameter range, what are you using for your motor cases and liners? The
largest I've done before is 98mm, and I used as much off the shelf Aerotech
hardware as I could. Now I need to do something larger in a hurry at work and
I'm hoping to find a source of pre-made carbon phenolic tubes between 5.5 to
6  inches in diameter. Any sources or ideas? Other things to try?
-Daryle