[AR] Re: Canada - legal engine testing?

  • From: "Marcus D. Leech" <mleech@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 22:23:48 -0500

On 11/12/2013 10:18 PM, qbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Up until some recent rule changes, according to Natural Resources Canada, the combining of any chemicals or the making of a device which produces a gas above ambient needs authorization, not that it's hard to get. But even my peroxide motors required a permit. Actually as of late now the peroxide motors are on the restricted list because they use peroxide above 30%. I don't know what impact that would have had on our project but I recently inquired about 50% peroxide using my old permit number and had no problems receiving pricing and shipping details, however I did not make the purchase as I can't use it at this time of year anyway.

Robert
I'd love pointers to said regulations, because last time I was involved in ERD regulation, they very specifically didn't consider anything like hybrids or bi-propellants to be regulated by the regulations. And "produces a gas above ambient" would mean that, for example, pressure cookers and automobiles
  were regulated under the ERD regulations, which clearly would be silly.