[AR] Re: Canada - legal engine testing?

  • From: qbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 21:00:20 -0700

I remember saying that exact thing back in 2003/2004 when I first started this project. That was when you were selling your motors out of the trunk of your car at Roc Lake. We talked about how you got around building hybrids with that regulation in place and you replied with about that same response. Still looking for the reg, site has changed so much since then.

Robert

At 08:23 PM 11/12/2013, you wrote:
On 11/12/2013 10:18 PM, qbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Up until some recent rule changes, according to Natural Resources Canada, the combining of any chemicals or the making of a device which produces a gas above ambient needs authorization, not that it's hard to get. But even my peroxide motors required a permit. Actually as of late now the peroxide motors are on the restricted list because they use peroxide above 30%. I don't know what impact that would have had on our project but I recently inquired about 50% peroxide using my old permit number and had no problems receiving pricing and shipping details, however I did not make the purchase as I can't use it at this time of year anyway.

Robert
I'd love pointers to said regulations, because last time I was involved in ERD regulation, they very specifically didn't consider anything like hybrids or bi-propellants to be regulated by the regulations. And "produces a gas above ambient" would mean that, for example, pressure cookers and automobiles
  were regulated under the ERD regulations, which clearly would be silly.