[optacon-l] Re: optacon / braille PDA combination

  • From: Kevin Fjelsted <kfjelsted@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 14:38:39 -0500

So if the lens  is already there then it looks like the display would need to
be changed from say 6 dots to 144 (the original optacon) or perhaps 200 for
higher.
Readding this Braille as translated on character at a time is not what we need.

THis begs the question. WHat is the top speed of a proficient OPTACON reader.
Personally I don't think mine was very fast perhaps 50 words a minute. yet my
Braille reading speed is over 200.
:)

Is there anyone who  has achieved 200 with the OPTACON?
Yet with Braille we have no context for what is on the printed page. That is
the rub.

-Kevin