[optacon-l] Re: memories of TSI and the Good Old days!

  • From: JBliss Judy <judy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:52:57 -0800

Dear Nick,

I appreciate your comments - the Optacon wasn't for everyone because of the
training curve,and other factors. I believe that TSI did its best with the
re-design of the Optacon II with Canon, and tried to keep the product going as
long as it could, when costs were rising for major re-designs, repairs,
manufacture of the retinas, etc.  Although part of Telesensory, I wasn't privy
to all the decisions and issues around the end of the Optacon's life as a
product.When sold to Blazie, I'm not sure why they weren't able to resurrect
it, as they had hoped, but they must have encountered similar issues...but
whatever the complexities behind the loss of the Optacon, I share your wish
that something similar, designed with full user input, would be a great thing,
given the numbers of Optacon users who are still using the device and keeping
their units repaired.

Judy Adams