[optacon-l] memories of TSI and the Good Old days!

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 08:13:24 -0800

Jerry,

I had similar experiences with the Mowat sensor as you did with the Sonic
guide; I can't recall seeing a Sonic guide though; was it more audible than
tactile? I had training with the Mowat from an instructor who came to my
work place; we worked in the large plaza, which was surrounded by eight
buildings that had windows looking out on it, so we had quite an audience of
people who approached me after the training sessions and asked tons of
questions about what in the world was going on. It was spring at the time
and I suspect they really wanted to be outside as we were. I think they
really got curious when I was learning how to navigate bewteen and around
trees and other objects.

Mary