[optacon-l] Re: creating a new optacon

  • From: Jyrki Voutilainen <jykke.voutilainen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 14:44:35 +0200

On Sun, 4 Nov 2012, Mallard wrote:

> Creative Commons now allows licensing for commercial use too, so why not?

Or to put it another way, why haven't this already been done?

> Yes, Jyrki, I'm a superidealist, just like you, and I hope I'll never
> change. Not only that, but I hope I'll be proven right in the end.

Agreed, and additionally, I am quite sick and tired of much talking without
anything really happening!

> Of course, if we think only in terms of return on investments, then
> we'll never see an Optacon (and not becausewe're blind... lol).

Right, and open-source software like NVDA wouldn't probably never existed
without some idealists.

> I'm pretty sure we would find lots of young researchers and developers
> willing to help out.

Oh yes, they wouldn't have any commercial interests in mind, not primarily.

Regards,

--
Jyrki Voutilainen
mailto:jykke.voutilainen@xxxxxxxxx