[optacon-l] Re: To All Subscribers Of This List

  • From: Mallard <mallard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 13:22:12 +0100

Well, the fact that it doesn't exist now doesn't mean it will never
exist... Of course, if research is never started, it will never get
anywhere...

Look... When I was a teenager, I kept buying books and piling them up in
my room.
Since I was born blind, my friend asked me why on earth would I do that.
I told them I was absolutely sure that one day someome would invent
something that would allow me to read those books - and then the Optacon
came.

I have a dream, if you like - and Open hardware and open software Optacon...
I'm sure it can be done. I'm ready to pay for it if it comes, and even
to fund research for the little I can put in.
Let's see what happens.

Brecht (I think it was him) once said that "the only battle that's lost
for sure is the one we never fight".
So, let's fight it if we believe there's a need.
Ciao,
Ollie