[optacon-l] Re: Sight Versus Blindness

  • From: Jyrki Voutilainen <jykke.voutilainen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Optacon User List <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 15:00:26 +0200

Right. I do sometimes say that replacing a leg is easier than replacing an
eye. Perhaps you even don't notice that someone has an artificial leg,
because his/her own leg has been amputated. I would rather have my leg(s)
amputated than being without sight, if such a comprehension is allowed!

There are also almost perfectly working artificial hands available
nowadays, but we are going towards working artificial eyes or partially
artificial ones. But such a sophisticated instrument as an eye is hard but
not impossible to replace partially or even completely if necessary.

Jyrki Voutilainen
mailto:jykke.voutilainen@xxxxxxxxx