Re: Optacon R1D Problem

  • From: Pat Byrne <k9jau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 06:41:24 -0500

I have used both and agree with your remarks Don.
Pat ByrneAt 01:23 AM 9/1/2005, you wrote:
Hi Anthony,

Well, you'll get some different opinions on that one.  <smile>

I have both an r1-d and an Optacon 2 here. Personally, I can easily use either one but I do prefer the r1-d as it seems to be a bit more sensitive and picks
up very light printing better in my opinion. The array is smaller on the 2 and this bothers many, but I personally don't find it that bothersome.

I think the 2 does work somewhat better when trying to read computer screens and other similar displays.

For general purpose reading though, I like both, but I think the r1-d is slightly better.

As I say, you'll get very differing opinions on this list, so I guess it really is a personal thing.

Don

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 02:04:37 -0400, Anthony Vece wrote:

Hi Don;

Is their any advantage to the Optacon 2 as opposed to the R1D?

I've never used an Optacon 2.

Anthony

optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word "subscribe" (without the quotes) in the message subject.