[muglo] Re: unlocking iPhone

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 08:54:16 -0500

If you are traveling and don't want to incur outrageous roaming fees
on your iPhone, you may want to consider unlocking it so that another
carrier's SIM card can be used. Yes, this voids your warranty, no,
it's not permanent and can be reversed just as easily. There are mall
kiosks that will do it for you for $25, but you can do it yourself in
5 minutes for free. There are conflicting, complicated,  and outdated
instructions on the web. I have corrected and updated these into one
Word document. Anyone interested can email me for a copy. (This is for
iPhone 3G/3GS, 3.12 only)
Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.