[muglo] Re: Meeting

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:11:56 -0500

On 18-Jan-10, at 8:22 PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:
> Can I make a suggestion if we have a meeting that we have a 50/50
> draw or voluntary donation of say $5 and donate the proceeds to the
> Red Cross for Haitian relief.  It would be an opportunity to do a
> little good.

Let's do it, Gerhard. Great suggestion.

Here's another:

Benefit Concert
for Haiti Earthquake victims

at Aeolian Hall
795 Dundas St. E.
Thursday, Jan. 21
7 p.m.
(doors open at 6:15)

The aim is to raise at least $10,000 for the earthquake victims in
Haiti. Local musicians are uniting with The Aeolian, Sunfest and Home
County Folk Festival to present an evening of musical beauty to help
the Haitian people. The Old East Village Business Improvement Area,
the Old East Village Community Association, D&S Pianos, the Ontario
Institute of Audio Recording Technology and many other organizations
and individuals are supporting this event through donated services and
goods for a silent auction. All the money raised will go to the Red
Cross to support their broad-based aid in Haiti. Tickets are available
by donation at the Aeolian box office: 519-672-7920.

Performers will include:

Emm Gryner
Light of the East Ensemble
Clark Bryan
Marion Miller
Julia MacGregor
Jenny Nauta
The Alfredo Cajax Latin Ensemble
Fraser
Love Guitar Quartet
Jennifer Thorpe
Bryan Gloyd
Mosaic

Admission is pay-what-you can at the door for cabaret seating find-
your-own table style. Seating can be reserved with an advance
donation, either in person at the Aeolian box-office or by phone (that
number again is 519-672-7920). More performers have been calling the
hall since this lineup was announced, wanting to do their bit too ? to
the point where a second concert is being considered in order to fit
them all in. The music ranges from jazz to folk to classical, from pop
to rock and 'world' genres.

Gonna be a good night.