[muglo] Re: another print cart ruined

  • From: Alex <admeddemda@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 01:44:57 -0400

>I wonder if the M uses entirely different ink cartridges from the A (do you
>have to buy different cartridges?)... if you had an A you could probably use
>pretty much any refill cartridge. They're all the same thing.

I have to use the M cart...  but still... the fact that the ink drips
in in miniscule blobs is stupid and makes me think that's not the way
to do it either. And why when I insert the needle further does the
ink all start coming out the bottom????? Is there some kind of seal
that I'm breaking? And if so, how am I supposed to be able to refill
the cart if a plastic seal thing is in the way?????

>Instead of getting an inkjet I suggest you go with a cheap laser (they're
>down under $400). When you figure in time spent fiddling with refills
>(which, BTW are becoming more difficult to use with the newer print
>cartridges (more complicated print heads)), cost of inkjet cartridges
>(extraordinarily expensive) and quality (laser output is water/coffee proof)
>a laser is a small investment to make.
>
>Of course, if you only have to print 20 pages a year then an inkjet will do
>you just fine, but if you have to print out a few 100 pages/year a cheap
>laser is a much better choice.

I'm talking a $50 special here... $400 is wayyyyy too muchto think
about. I notice Business Depot has a Cannon something or other
bubblejet for $59 right now.

I likely print under 500 pages a year, but a number of hundred, for
sure. For editing stuff I print out on the dotmatrix. The inkjet was
for the finished stuff. I'm just mad I busted the cart... how dumb is
that... and that for some rreason, I seem unable to understand how to
refill a cart....

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>