[muglo] another print cart ruined

  • From: Alex <admeddemda@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 00:28:24 -0400

hi all--  I ran out of ink in my deskjet 310, a rather old, but
reasonable for me printing papers out on... well... ran out of ink in
the middle of a print, and realized I had a fill kit left, so I
attempted to fill the cart up-- so last time I stuck the needle in
too far bc all the ink started running out the bottom of the cart, so
this time, I tried really carefully to fill the cart w/o sticking the
needle in very far... basically after 5 minutes of dropping some ink
in the hole, I got tired of what seemed like no ink at all going in,
so I pushed the needle in farther.... great it filled, but then all
the ink proceeded to leak out the bottom again.
What am I doing wrong here?????

I've now wrecked both of my ink carts, and with prices in the range
of $40 for each one, I'm thinking it's just not worth it (see next
problem, below)

Next problem.
Printer is acting weird. And it isnt a printer hardware thing, bc I
have a DJ 320 also, which is basically the same printer, so I tried
that one too. When I print something that has formatted text, such as
differential tabs, the pages now come out spaced enitirely
differently than what was on the page... like the tabs get all
screwy... and the text on the document actually changes... it's not
as if the printer gets it wrong, it's like sending the doc to print
actually changes the spacing all around.
Now, I'm using MS word 5.1 on OS 9.1... which is a bit tricky
anyway... sometimes it doesnt want to start up, etc
and HP's printer drivers I think only go as far as OS 8xx, and there
is no official support for 9xx
so....

likley I'll just be better off getting a cheapo new $50 printer... I
have usb, so that's always possible. But I'd also like to figure out
why this whole thing is happening.
Especially with my frustrating refill problems!!!

Could it be the wrong refill kit?? maybe the new ink is too thin?? lol
how can I keep ruining these carts? refilling is supposed to be so simple....

and now I can't even give these printers to someone who could use
them, bc the cost of new carts makes it rather pointless....

~Alex

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>