[muglo] Re: another print cart ruined

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 01:15:05 -0400

on 31/8/02 01:00, Alex at admeddemda@xxxxxx wrote:

> I swear no ink was going in bf I pushed further.... how fast are
> these things supposed to fill? It would have taken me an hour at the
> rate I was going! But I guess the thing wouldnt be ruined, either
>
> the refill thing says it's for  HP51633A and I have HP51633M  but I
> thought M just denoted "mobile", as it's a portable printer.... could
> never find a refill kit for the M version

I wonder if the M uses entirely different ink cartridges from the A (do you
have to buy different cartridges?)... if you had an A you could probably use
pretty much any refill cartridge. They're all the same thing.

Instead of getting an inkjet I suggest you go with a cheap laser (they're
down under $400). When you figure in time spent fiddling with refills
(which, BTW are becoming more difficult to use with the newer print
cartridges (more complicated print heads)), cost of inkjet cartridges
(extraordinarily expensive) and quality (laser output is water/coffee proof)
a laser is a small investment to make.

Of course, if you only have to print 20 pages a year then an inkjet will do
you just fine, but if you have to print out a few 100 pages/year a cheap
laser is a much better choice.

Eric.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>