[muglo] Re: Switching from OS9 to OS10

  • From: Tee Cashmore <tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:34:17 -0500

Ilbert Walker wrote:

>Thanks for your comments , most of which I agree.
>  Am willing to sell my unused Umax Astra Scanner 2100U to any OS9 users
>who might be interested - for a give away price.
>
>I'm in the same situation as Tee, now , re buying an new OSX scanner.
>Am thinking of getting into digital photography and the firewire models
>of Epsom or Canon seem to be the way to go.
>
>What do you think Tee ?
>
>Ilbert

Hi Ilbert,
I too have a good scanner 4 sale (cheap) & an Epson C82 printer (black +
3 colours). Incidentally Terry Steeper has resurrected his Umax SCSI
scanner & sold his USB Epson 1260 for similar reasons & s l o w n e s s.
I have been doing about 2 weeks of physical research into scanners &
printers. I am presently leaning toward the HP (7760 If I remember
right) printer, mainly because it recognizes XD memory cards from my
Fuji 3800 & can print direct, i.e.: no computer needed. The drawback is
that it uses only 2 cartridges, black & colour. The Canon equivalent
models use 4 to 6 cartridges, but XD is out. I'll be more exact shortly.
Upper models of Epson still have the upper hand in scanners, but the
Canon Lide 80 is a high contender. All USB.
TTFN,
TeeC