[muglo] Re: Switching from OS9 to OS10

  • From: Tee Cashmore <tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:18:24 -0500

Eric D wrote:

>Have you checked out VueScan or SilverFast (www.versiontracker.com)? Of
>course, it may be cheaper simply to sell the UMAX (... I've never liked UMAX
>anyway... they're a low-quality/low-cost scanner and have always had @#$!%
>software suppor) and buy another scanner.

VueScan is the pits as far as my Epson 1250 Photo scanner is concerned.
It does not recognize the slide/negative scanner function at all & only
seems to scan as "automatic"; doesn't like the manual function; & the
colour of copies is poor, especially compared to its use in O/S 9.2.
Must admit I've not heard of Silverfast.
TTFN,
TeeC