[muglo] Re: Smart phone URGENT critical to view re privacy issues......

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:17:42 -0400

We are certainly becoming more paranoid, justly or not. I can remember visiting my cousins in a small border town in NB when we were 6 or so, and we would regularly hop on bikes and pedal across the US border by ourselves to go to a movie matinee. A wave to the border guard substituted for the strip search now required. This was in the carefree days before pedophiles, identity theft, and exploding sneakers... when parents would kick you outside in June with the warning not to be late for school in September. So sad that our kids will never experience the freedom of innocence.

On Jun 20, 2011, at 12:03 PM, Dave Knight wrote:

While I am all for raising awareness of the downside of the socially networked, privacy diminished future we are gleefully running into, I have to say that I find the "Won't somebody think of the children!?!?!" angle a little nauseating. Everyone, kids or no should be concerned about making this data available to third parties.

dave---

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.