[muglo] Re: Smart phone URGENT critical to view re privacy issues......

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:12:28 -0400

Of course they existed, but we just ignored them. We had guardian angels working overtime so that we could play tag on slow-moving freight trains and make pipe bombs out of match heads. I grew up without meeting anyone allergic to peanut butter or milk, and if a parent ever drove you to any event closer than 5 miles you would be ridiculed out of existence. In theory, you could steal an identity, but it wouldn't do you any good unless you also stole all their cash. I can't for the life of me relate any of this to Macs, so maybe we should close this topic before the complaints roll in(continue at the meeting - we make the rules).

On Jun 20, 2011, at 4:09 PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:

I'll give you the exploding sneakers but identity theft just took a different form, i.e. "found cheques " cashed at some unsuspecting merchant, technology has allowed us to be more efficient at these endeavours but to say they did not exist........ Pedophiles were around back then people just didn't talk about it look at the numerous Priest scandals for evidence of that and I don't think all the perverts joined the church so when they told you to be careful of uncle Fred that is what was meant. Good old days may have had some things that were better but in general I prefer todays world.

Gerhard
gerhardk@xxxxxxx

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx