[muglo] Re: ISP [formerly (no subject)]

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 15:10:29 -0400

on 17/8/02 23:09, Jim Taylor at hawk@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> explanation. Go figure. ISP based in Vancouver, maybe that's the problem.
> Have friends who use execulink with no complaints. Debated sympatico but
> hear both good and bad about it. thnx again. jim

There's also the fact that Sympatico is part of that evil, vile Bell Canada
(this is a company that still has the gall to charge some of its customers
$0.39/min prime time calling (when the industry standard is $0.10/min during
the day and $0.05 at night)!!! (then again, Rogers ain't much better as a
corporate citizen but at least I haven't been hosed by Rogers like we all
were (and some of us, are) by Ma Bell :(

Execulink, Golden Triangle are two SW Ontario-based ISPs that come to mind.
You may even have some luck with Sprint as an ISP. (though, as with Bell
Sprint charges an arm and a leg for access -- if you're going to waste
$25/month on dial-up access, I'd rather spend the extra $15 a month, get
your phone-line back *and* have MUCH, MUCH faster access with Roger's (10-40
x faster than modem, and 2-20 x faster than Bell's not-so-High Speed
Edition).

Eric.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>