[muglo] Re: Eudora

  • From: Leith Peterson <leithriver7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:19:01 -0400

Hi Paul:

I don't use OS X or Mail very often at the moment.  I only use them
when I have to, i.e. when OS 9 won't work.  So my response to your
questions will reflect this.

It could be, as Tee points out, that if I learned Mail a bit more I
would figure out how to change the "automatic things", i.e. the
default settings which I don't find work for me, in the preferences.

If you look in the Mail Help under Backup, or whatever, you will see
it says there are two folders you need to back up and they are on
different places on the hard drive.  As I back up my email on a very
regular basis, this is an extra hassle I don't need.  Eudora only has
one folder to back up.

It could just be that I am so used to Eudora, I am just not into
anything new, but it seemed to me that Mail was a lot like Outlook
Express.  I tried OE for quite awhile, never liked it and went back
to Eudora.

If I find I have any further questions regarding Mail, I'll certainly
let you know.

Cheers,

Leith