[muglo] Re: 10X

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 00:02:30 -0400

On 1-Aug-05, at 9:55 PM, Biti wrote:

> You have some great aphorisms :)
>
> Here are the Emerson contributions from my own Aphorisms file.
> _____________
>
> Surely nobody would be a charlatan who could afford to be sincere.
> =97=20=
>
> Ralph Waldo Emerson
>
> Let us treat men and women well; treat them as if they were real.=20
> Perhaps they are. =97 Ralph Waldo Emerson (I use this one on irc a
> lot)

I prefer "Let us all treat men and women as people regardless of Race,
colour or Religion.", although Emerson had the right idea.

> "New arts destroy the old."  =97Ralph Waldo Emerson

However, it makes the remaining arts more valuable.

> "If you shoot at a king, you must kill him." - Ralph Waldo Emerson=20
> (also very useful, but only in the worst circumstances)

Political advisers often design Ads based like that!

> "Nothing astonishes people so much as common sense and plain
> dealing."=20=
> =97 Ralph Waldo Emerson

Somewhat similar to a Yorkshire adage. "There' nowt as queer as folk"

> "We must be as courteous to a man as we are to a picture, which we
> are=20=willing to give the advantage of a good light." =97 Ralph Waldo
> Emerson

TTFN,
TeeC