[muglo] Re: Communicating with Windoze

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:16:21 -0500

Tee Cashmore wrote:

> My suggestion is as always, use Appleworks! Version 6 under Panther now
> has Maclink built in; always did when it was Clarisworks. Even under O/S
> 9 with Version 5 & Ver 11 of MacLinkPlus there were few problem files. I
> have not had any problems opening Word, Excell & other stuff from the
> other side, but if they send an "exe" file that simply tells you they
> are totally computer illiterate, as I find 95% of email users are.
> We use Macs, we are different because we are better & we are better
> because we are different!
> TTFN,
> TeeC

Tee I'll bet you will begin to see more of the same on the Mac
side as people convert over to OS X.  Not withstanding the slick
interface it is a vary complex operating system, requires file
extensions (hidden or otherwise) and I'm sure in time people will
not understand what is going on under the hood.

You (and I) have had the advantage of growing up with Apple ][s
][e's, ][c's, A][GS, 68000, 68010, 68020, 68030, 68040, PPC 601,
603, 603e's 604 , and all the flavours of G3/G4 etc.  Along the
way having to learn about ASCII, file storage etc etc.  You have
probably forgotten more than some people want to know about
computers - so don't be too hard on them!!