[BNU] Re: Spanish Accent Marks

  • From: anthony <aluis.rivera25@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ainekc@xxxxxxxxx, mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 16:34:34 -0700

how do i change my code to spanish computer braille?

From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx
To: kskristen@xxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Tue, 7 May 2013 13:51:29 -0400

A couple other options include using UEB (not adviseable since it
can be tedious to switch codes) or Spanish computer braille. Once
you know that code, it isn't hard to use, but it only works in
text files, not braille ones.  Also, it does take some getting
used to, but all the Spanish accents and punctuation are there.
The main catch is that you'd have to use 8-dot mode to get all
the advantages, which takes yet more getting used to.  Trying the
dot 4 before a letter in grade 2 might be your best bet, but
there are a few more possibilities for you to ponder.  Good luck
on the test.
On May 7, 2013, at 1:21 PM, Kristen Steele <kskristen@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:

JJ,

Yes, there are two ways, depending on what kind of document you
are using:
(1) For a KeyWord file (which I think is easiest to do Spanish),
just type a dot 4 before the letter on which you want an accent.
(2) (This way is a little harder but doable.) In a MS Word doc,
go to the unicode characters menu with backspace-3-5.  Then, type
the letter that needs an accent, followed by acute (or tilde for
ñ).

Btw, there's an article on accents on the BNU site that may be
helpful.

Hth :)