[bksvol-discuss] Re: validating as a totally blind person

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:13:18 -0500

Allison, I really like how you explained handling common scannos here. It's a creative and practical way to answer the quesion. (smile)

Monica Willyard

Allison Hilliker wrote:
Monica,

You ask a great question. I'm close enough to totally blind myself meaning
that I can't read the print on a computer screen if I tried.  I've been
validating for four years, and I can count on one hand the number of times
I've needed sighted help to finish validating a book.  As someone else on
here said, you can do most validation through context.  Meaning what word
makes the most sense in a sentence.