[bksvol-discuss] Re: judy jones needs to learn better scanning techniques

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 13:55:23 -0600

Nuke it!  G.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Research,
Human Ability & Accessibility Center,   (HA&AC)
Austin Tx.
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

". . . Maybe it was only those who were most certain they were right who
were guaranteed to be wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, those who
questioned the most were in the end those who came closest to being wise."
[David Poyer, The Command]

"Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
01/19/2008 12:05 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: judy jones needs to learn better scanning techniques

I just did.  Ann, it probably isn't beyond all recognition (though
remember the r can stand for repair as well), & for me it is, without
being able to contact this person.  If it proves this frustrating &
aggravating for me (& I'm really interested in the plot) I can only
imagine how it would be for some poor newly-blinded high school
student who's just learning braille or some unfortunate dyslectic
individual trying to negotiate all the indiscipherable words, junk
characters, etc.  I just don't have the time it'll take to clean it
up, nor can I contact the submitter to ask for the book.  & I can't
see releasing it only to have some1 do a q&d validation, putting it
into the collection just for the credit.  If admin wants to kick it
back to step 1 & override my recommendations simply because it's rated
"good", so be it.

On 1/19/08, Kellie Hartmann <hart0421@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jackie,
> As a validator, your sensibilities outrank the Bookshare rating tool, so
if
> you think the book should be rejected due to poor quality you have the
right
> to make that determination. Maybe you could contact John Glass about the
> poor scans from this submitter and she could be offered some assistance,
> either by you or by John himself.
> Kellie

of

Jackie McBride