[bksvol-discuss] Re: judy jones needs to learn better scanning techniques

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 11:05:17 -0700

I just did.  Ann, it probably isn't beyond all recognition (though
remember the r can stand for repair as well), & for me it is, without
being able to contact this person.  If it proves this frustrating &
aggravating for me (& I'm really interested in the plot) I can only
imagine how it would be for some poor newly-blinded high school
student who's just learning braille or some unfortunate dyslectic
individual trying to negotiate all the indiscipherable words, junk
characters, etc.  I just don't have the time it'll take to clean it
up, nor can I contact the submitter to ask for the book.  & I can't
see releasing it only to have some1 do a q&d validation, putting it
into the collection just for the credit.  If admin wants to kick it
back to step 1 & override my recommendations simply because it's rated
"good", so be it.

On 1/19/08, Kellie Hartmann <hart0421@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jackie,
> As a validator, your sensibilities outrank the Bookshare rating tool, so if
> you think the book should be rejected due to poor quality you have the right
> to make that determination. Maybe you could contact John Glass about the
> poor scans from this submitter and she could be offered some assistance,
> either by you or by John himself.
> Kellie

Jackie McBride
& Check out my homepage at: