[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Life after children

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:42:26 -0700 (PDT)

Your Emily sounds like my younger daughter. She had
such tantrums I was really worried that there was
something wrong with her. My elder daughter was fine.
Once she had a tantrum--lay down on the driveway and
kicked and screamed. We just ignored her and she
stopped. That didn't work with the other one,
though--she just went on and on.

Looking back, I realize that the difference is that
the elder one cared more what we--and other
people--thought, and the younger one didn't. Being
somewhat independent and not modifying one's behaviour
because of what other people think of ou can be a good
thing, but it's sure difficult to raise a child like
that.   She also never would apologize or admit
whenshe was wrong.

Now, however, like your daughter, both of mine, at the
ages of 36 and soon-to-be 35 are fine young  ladies
successful in their careers and the other aspects of
their lives. My younger daughter even does apologize
and admit when she's wrong occasionally.  And they
help each other,  giving each other advice and taking
it-- although, havng very different personalities,
they didn't always get along, and still occasionally
get on each others' nerves.  Fortunately they live in
different cities, so when they get together for short
periods of time they can get along.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com