[AR] body mass and size of Apollo astronauts

  • From: Neil Jaschinski <neil.jaschinski@xxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 09:52:14 +0200

Hello,

Since the astronauts are the pilots of rockets, I think my question is
well placed in this email list.

At the beginning of the Apollo project, I think every pound count. So I
was wondering if the astronaut has to lose weight to get the last
missing pounds? I got this question when I saw documentation about
Apollo 11. Michael Collins looks really thin on this footage.
The second question I get was about the body size. Smaller astronauts
mean smaller capsules. I know the size limitation for Russian cosmonauts.
So, does anybody have a document with the body size and mass of the
Apollo astronauts?

Greetings

Neil