[AR] Re: Project update - propellant tank hydro tests

  • From: Ben Brockert <wikkit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 12:45:30 -0700

Ha, Rocket 1. I was giving the Copenhagen guys a hard time last week
about un-creatively calling their huge new building "HAB 2".

That's an impressive set of parts. Did you do anything special in
analyzing the design of the shaft seal? I usually avoid that style of
seal design because the operating pressure is trying to unseal it, but
I haven't done the calc to see how the pressure compares to the
preload.

Ben