[AR] Project update - propellant tank hydro tests

  • From: Robert Watzlavick <rocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 22:15:12 -0600

I completed hydro-testing today on a prototype tank based on the design I mentioned a few weeks ago.

In summary, no leakage or damage was observed after 2 cycles to 750 psi. There looks to be a small amount of permanent deformation in the center of the bulkheads (~0.005 inches) but nothing to worry about. While assembling the parts, as the o-ring slid past the tank wall holes, it shredded some small pieces off. I didn't debur the inside hole edge as well as I could have so I'll clean them up a bit and see if it helps.

Discussion is at:
http://www.watzlavick.com/robert/rocket/

photos are at:
http://www.watzlavick.com/robert/rocket/rocket1/photos/index.html