[AR] Re: Chamber pressure testing

  • From: Bill Claybaugh <wclaybaugh2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 07:40:09 -0600

There is a standard plumbing tool that consists of a rubber plug with metal
caps at both ends and a bolt running between; the bolt is sealed with rubber
washers.  Tightening the bolt expands the rubber plug and seals the opening.

Obviously, this would need to be customized for your specific diameter and I am
skeptical it will hold more than a few hundred psia.  Ben's caution about
differential pressure pertains.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone