[AR] Re: Chamber pressure testing

  • From: Robert Watzlavick <rocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 20:26:58 -0500

My chamber has an open cap on the exit that closes out the regen cooling passages. For pressure/leak tests, I replace that open cap with a solid one. Mine only operates at 250 psi though.

http://www.watzlavick.com/robert/rocket/regenChamber3/tests/dsc_1840m.jpg

-Bob

On 09/09/2014 07:31 AM, Peter Fairbrother wrote:
Chamber for a bi-liquid, has a main joint at the top, several pipe entry points etc. Operates (or should) at 2,100 psi, so even a tiny leak could be disastrous - think Challenger.

I want to pressure-test it to maybe 3,500 psi, and was wondering if there was a standard way to seal the nozzle for testing?

Any other thoughts?

-- Peter Fairbrother