[AR] Re: Chamber pressure testing

  • From: Ben Brockert <wikkit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 21:31:52 -0500

I've seen Robert's approach used up to 600 psi or so.

The lowest force approach is to make a plug rod that has a male gland
seal that fits into the throat. Retain it via whatever means are
convenient.

It does mean that the wall just downstream of the throat has a
pressure on it that is much different than operational in the case of
a regen system, i.e. normally it would have near throat pressure just
downstream of the throat but instead it will be at atmospheric, so the
differential pressure between regen side and nozzle side will be
higher than operational. Closing out at the exit plane has the
opposite problem, giving no differential pressure between regen and
nozzle.