Re: optacon on ipaq

  • From: philwh@xxxxxxxx
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 16:41:17 -0500

Hi Sharon.
I can absolutely guarantee that the pacmate is not based ont he ipaq.
it was developed from the ground up by
fs.
i was ont he team that started ont he project back in 2000 or so.
the maestro is based ont he ipaq however.

I have had a pacmate in my hands and it most definitely is not
an ipaq. it is much larger,
and has different interfaces builtin into it.
and there are at least 5 different models of the pacmate.
the q models have a laptop style keyboard,
while the b models have an expanded braille style keyboard.

phil