[optacon-l] Re: open source and open design for the optacon

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 13:02:11 -0800

Ollie,

I have read LCD screens with the optacon for years, using the regular
optacon lens in Windows; perhaps others have, also. I can read a laptop
screen either straight up or somewhat flattened. When I was at IBM, they
built me a table so that I could have a CRT screen placed flat on its back,
and I used it that way for the first 15 years of my career. I don't have
such a table here at home, so if I use a screen of any type (preferably
LCD), I make it as flat as possible, although when it's on the laptop or on
a stand, it's slanted and not entirely flat, but easier to read that way.
Other people probably have other methods and will probably mention them.

Mary