Re: Stuff from house cleaning

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:10:39 -0700

Charles,

A few thoughts on electronic formatting of the books:

I think it would be difficult to format the stage 1 and stage 2 books; if
they have the formats I recall from stage 1, there is a vertical line going
down the center of the pages, and the columns to the right of that line are
font-specific and sometimes are aligned in certain ways. In the back of the
stage 1 book, there is a page of lines that curve and twist, and the student
uses this page to practice tracking across the page. So the books, at least
for stage 1, are not straight text, unless there is straight text in the
teacher's edition. I suppose the best format would be PDF, or an image,
rather than Microsoft Word or HTML or .txt or rich text.

Mary