[optacon-l] Re: Seeing with your tongue.

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 12:46:14 -0700

Nick,

I wish some of that research had continued with sonic devices; I own and
still use a Mowat sensor; it's saved my life many times, since I'm deaf on
one side and have no way of using sound for orientation. There are new
devices out there, but I gather their range isn't like the older devices.
Getting back on track with the optacon, let's hope that any new optacons
that are developed will have the same capability as the one we know and
love.

Mary