[optacon-l] Re: Seeing with your tongue.

  • From: "Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 14:04:23 -0500

Navy Seals are using a variant of this device, and have been for a few years
after 9/11.  It was initially developed in Israel, and I have had the
fortune to know both private funders of the effort and a few researchers on
it.  Unfortunately, at the time I was asked to participate as a guinea pig,
I was trying to keep the job I knew even then I would eventually lose post
merger--now I regret not having participated if only on the grounds of
unabated curiosity.  (sad sheepish expression)

Nick