[optacon-l] Re: Operating the Optacon

  • From: Jyrki Voutilainen <jykke.voutilainen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Optacon Users <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 04:02:05 +0200

I'm a bit behind in reading the posts sent on the list during nearly a week,
but many thanks to you, David, for a complete but still understandable
description of how an uni-manual Optacon could work and be manufactured and
operated.

And further more, like you or someone else has already said, nothing would
prevent the new Optacon being used in a one-hand mode or a two-hand one
depending on the user's individual needs and wishes. I would also appreciate
being able to use my other hand for making notes etc., but in some other cases
I would like to operate the Optacon in nearly the same way than the present one
has been operated.

And finally, also I am aware of the problems that mechanical sliding or
rotating ajustment controls normally have, and I've experienced those on my
relatively new hifi equipment such as a table radio etc. And that's _really
amazing_ that these controls on my Optacon have lasted all these years without
having such contact problems, or perhaps I haven't been aware of these? I
remember me telling you about some extra lines or columns that appeared on the
Optacon's display before the service operations, and that could probably
explain why Dave Godfrey wasn't able to replicate the fault; the device has
been without power for a relatively long time when being sent from Finland to
England and so on.

Regards,

Jyrki

Jyrki Voutilainen