[optacon-l] Re: Operating the Optacon

  • From: Robert Feinstein <harlynn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 12:31:04 -0500 (EST)

Bob from NY.  If I need to take notes, I read aloud with the optacon into
a cassette recorder and then copy what I need in braille.  This can
include bank statements.  Since I am somewhat of a slow reader, it works
perfectly.

I actually like the set up of the optacon, and might find a one handed
unit to be awkward.  This way, my finger rests on the array, and I have
total control of the camera: speed and position, and it is not awkward for
me.

Bob