[optacon-l] Re: John Linvill's obituary

  • From: Ollie <mallard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 19:41:42 +0100

Hello Jim,
Thanks for letting us know.
All my gratitude goes to John and yourself, and all those who worked
hard so that the Optacon could become a reality.
I was born blind, but never missed my sight, except for the fact that
I couldn't read what I wanted when I wanted.
I collected loads of books and, to those who asked what I was going
to do with all those books I couldn't read, I replied that I was
waiting for the day when someone would invent something to allow me to read...
Nobody believed me, but I was sure it would come.
And it did come...
So, thanks to all who made this possible.
Ciao,
Ollie - a happy Optacon user