[optacon-l] Re: Introduction

  • From: Gailselfridge@xxxxxxx
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 13:02:37 EDT

I still occasionally read print music with the optacon.

Gail

Hi Sandra,
I too have read print music. I've also read music intabs on  the
optacon. It does rok but you need very good tracking skills as  you
have to count dashes and keep a feel out for numbers as they come  up.
I also use mine for bank statements and checking the mini  statements
you get out of the cashpoint machines. Keyboard mannuals and  their
associated diagrams were also no problem for the optacon.
Take  care,
Carla.
At 23:04 11/09/2009, you  wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Yes, I can't imagine trying to put my huge  telephone book into the
>scanner and ask it to read the yellow  pages.  I've also read sail
>flyers and catalogs too.  The other  thing I cannot imagine doing
>with a scanner is reading greeting cards or  telling the design on
>all the different types of wrapping  paper.
>
>Also, I'm a singer and I've learned to read print music  and the
>church hymnal.  I know you cannot do that with a  scanner.
>
>Sandra

the

(mailto:optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   with the word "subscribe" (without
the
> > quotes) in the message  subject.
> >

> > __________ Information from ESET  NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
> > signature database 4416  (20090911) __________
> >
> > The message was checked by ESET  NOD32 Antivirus.
> >
> > _http://www.eset.com_ (http://www.eset.com)
> >
>  >

>__________ Information from ESET NOD32  Antivirus, version of virus
>signature database 4417 (20090911)  __________
>
>The message was checked by ESET NOD32  Antivirus.
>
>http://www.eset.com
>

>to  view the list archives, go  to:
>
>www.freelists.org/archives/optacon-l
>
>To  unsubscribe at any time, just send a message  to:

>the quotes) in the message subject.
>
>Tell your  friends about the list.  They can subscribe by sending a
message  to:

>optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word "subscribe"  (without
>the quotes) in the message  subject.
>

>to view the list archives, go  to:
>
>www.freelists.org/archives/optacon-l
>
>To  unsubscribe at any time, just send a message  to:

>the quotes) in the message subject.
>
>Tell your  friends about the list.  They can subscribe by sending a
message  to:

>optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word "subscribe"  (without
>the quotes) in the message subject.
to view the list  archives, go to:
_www.freelists.org/archives/optacon-l_
(//www.freelists.org/archives/optacon-l)
To  unsubscribe at any time, just send a message to:
_optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
 with the word "unsubscribe" (without the quotes)
in the message  subject.
Tell your friends about the list.  They can subscribe by  sending a message
to:
_optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
 with the word "subscribe" (without the quotes) in
the message  subject.