[muglo] Re: network connections

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:38:25 -0500

On 12-Dec-06, at 12:01 AM, Tee Cashmore wrote:

> On 11-Dec-06, at 10:05 PM, doug rogers wrote:
>
>> hmmm....

>> Do I need the printer running off a hub connected to the router?
>>

> I only have 2 computers, 3 if you count the laptop, and none can see
> each other, because I haven't set them up that way. After Martins'
> advice I went to Margs iMac & set up "Printer Sharing" in "Print &
> Fax" system prefs. Now I can print from my iMac using her printer
> drivers, as long as her computers on. Can't use the scanner though;
> it's an all-in-one.
> I think you will have to set all your computers up in a "Share info"
> mode for them to see each other. HTH a bit
> TTFN,  TeeC

Tee's got it.  Go to System Preferences and pick the Sharing folder  in
the Internet and Network sub group, click on Services and then check
Printer Sharing, this same preference pane will also allow you to
Personal File Share (your computers are not 'seeing' each other) and
windows file share.  I use all three.  In the Hardware sub group is as
Tee has mentioned Print and Fax, check the share printers box.  You
should be able to do everything you are taking about I think.

Martin