[muglo] Re: network connections

  • From: doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:42:21 -0500

On 12-12-06, at 12:01 AM, Tee Cashmore wrote:

>  I can print from my iMac using her printer
> drivers, as long as her computers on.
> I think you will have to set all your computers up in a "Share info"
> mode for them to see each other.

  Actually there IS a way. I found it late last night on the Apple
site. You need to make a second   network configuration for the port.

  For instance: you have a wired ethernet connection from the
computer to the router.
  in the Networking Preferences Pane  duplicate the  Port
Configuration, rename  the duplicate and set the protocols.

So now you have two ethernet port configurations, one using PPPoe and
the second using Appletalk.

In the Port Configurations window, the Ethernet PPP is first in the
list, and Ethernet Appletalk is second.

You could do the same for Airport if that is your preferred
networking protocol.

  Apparently OS9 machines require third party software to do two port
configurations.

  There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
__________<http://home.golden.net/~samu>__________